Tuesday 4 August 2009

Ta-Da!

How fabulous is the feeling of finishing your very first quilt? After months of procrastination I finally decided to just take the plunge, once I'd started I became addicted, a quilting maniac until it was done. The freemotion quilting was... a test of my patience. Again, I'm not sure whether it's my lack of expertise or my rather basic model sewing machine that is creating the problems (dropped stitches and the thread breaking were top on that list) but I'm using it as a good excuse to start checking out new machines.

Ooooh, look at all that quilty goodness folded up there! I love the spotty binding!



And here it is after a spin in the washing machine, looking all gorg and quilty! I think I'm in love! I know a little boy who will be all wrapped up and snuggled this Christmas. Now I just want to make some pillows...

5 comments:

  1. Are you sure this is your first quilt? Wow, it is fabulous - great choice of fabric, love the simple but so effective design, and as for the quilting!!! Well done!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful. what an amazing first quilt. thanks for coming to my blog, saying hey. good luck with the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's your first quilt, it is an impressive start! I can't wait to see more!

    Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, you did the free-motion quilting yourself? I am so not even brave enough to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holey schmoley that's one gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete